Currently, there are 8 members but we would welcome 1/2 more. We generally order books through Ash Library which costs £3.25 for each set. One member pays each month.
We meet on the last Thursday of each month in a member’s house. The next meetings are as follows:
- Thursday 26th March at 10 a.m.
- Thursday 30th April at 10 a.m.
Some of the books we have read:
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- This Sweet Sickness y Patricia Highsmith
- The Associate by John Grisham
- Crooked Heart by Lissa Evans
- A Man called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Three Sisters, Three Queens by Philippa Gregory
- Bloodstream by Tess Gerritsen
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
We have mostly enjoyed all the books so far; giving them fairly high scores out of 10. We all agree that since joining the group we are reading more and experiencing new authors that we would perhaps not otherwise have looked at.
For March we are reading Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons.
For April we will be reading Coming Up Trumps by Jean Trumpington.
Later in the year we may choose from the following:
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Half A World Away by Mike Gale
- My Judy Garland Life by Susie Boyt
- One of Andrea Levy’s novels
- OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT A NEW MEMBER MAY SUGGEST IF YOU JOIN US.
Please contact Monica Lock for details about the venue for the next meeting. 07811 750392 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org