The Book Circle group meets monthly and, at present, has nine members. We would welcome an additional member.
Each month we all have the same book to read provided by Ash Library and ordered by our group leader. The choice comes from members’ suggestions, and we aim to choose books that are enjoyable and thought provoking.
Lively discussions on the book take place at each meeting and everyone’s opinion is respected, no matter how opposed it is to that of others. After our discussion, we give each book a score out of 10 and a one-word reaction. All this is followed by tea and biscuits, and sometimes cake!
We don’t charge a subscription, but do ask for a small contribution of about £5 a year to cover library reservation costs.
Some books that we have read recently, with ratings out of 10, are :
- Late in the Day by Tessa Hadley 7.0
- The Sealwoman’s Gift by Sally Magnussen 8.7
- Conclave by Robert Harris 9.0
- Red Sky at Sunrise by Laurie Lee 7.8
- The Hog’s Back Mystery by Freeman Wills Croft 8.3
- The Reader on the 6:27 by Jean-Paul Didierlaurent 5.7
Next Meeting: February 21st 2:30pm – the book of the month is Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng.
Leader: David Murray 01252 904375
Day & Time: 3rd Friday in the Month at 14:30
Venue: Members’ Homes