This is a very friendly, small group of 9 members. We generally order books through Ash Library which cost £3.25 for each set. This year we have each paid £5 upfront so we’re not chasing round for coins when it’s our turn to pay!
Following Covid-19 restrictions was a bit of a challenge and we held virtual meetings on ‘zoom’. However, we now meet again on the last Thursday of each month in a member’s house, socially distanced of course. Our group read for enjoyment and friendship with coffee and cake to chat about the books that we have chosen and read .
Some of the books we have read:
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- This Sweet Sickness by Patricia Highsmith
- The Man I Thought I Know by Mike Gayle
- Summertime by Vanessa Lafaye
- The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell
- Three Sisters, Three Queens by Philippa Gregory
- Just Ignore Him by Alan Davies
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Coming Up Trumps by Jean Trumpington
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
We have mostly enjoyed all the books so far; giving them fairly high scores out of 10. We all agree that since joining the group we are reading more and experiencing new authors that we would perhaps not otherwise have looked at.
For January 2024 we are reading “Grown Ups” by Marian Keyes.
We may choose from the following:
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Hostage by Claire Macintosh
- My Judy Garland Life by Susie Boyt
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
- OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT A NEW MEMBER MAY SUGGEST IF YOU JOIN US.
The next meeting will be held on Thursday 25th January 2024.
If you would like to know more about us please contact Monica Lock for details. 07811 750392